The S 32 and S 64 chairs by Thonet are true masterpieces of Bauhaus design. These two classics are perfect examples of the philosophy that shaped Bauhaus - a philosophy characterized by simplicity, functionality, and timeless aesthetics.
Designed by Marcel Breuer, one of the most influential designers of the Bauhaus movement, in the 1930s, the S 32 and S 64 are perfect examples of the Bauhaus' pursuit of minimalist design and functionality. The S 32 features a slightly curved backrest, ergonomically shaped for maximum seating comfort, while the S 64 has a straight backrest and a straightforward design.
Made of tubular steel and wood, with the seat and backrest made of wood and the frame made of tubular steel, these chairs exemplify the Bauhaus concept of functionality and simplicity. The S 32 and S 64 are extremely robust and durable, making them ideal for use in both residential and commercial spaces.
The timeless aesthetics of the S 32 and S 64 are another characteristic that makes them icons of Bauhaus design. The simple design language and clear lines make these chairs timeless classics that fit perfectly into modern interiors.
The Bauhaus movement revolutionized design, and the S 32 and S 64 chairs by Thonet are a perfect example of its philosophy. These chairs embody functionality, minimalist design, and timeless aesthetics in perfect balance. They are a must-have for anyone interested in Bauhaus design.
- THONET swivel chair S 64 NDR Atelier with mesh upholstery and armrests
- Height adjustable with gas lift
- Wooden frame and armrests stained beech
- Back and seat with plastic mesh covering
- Height adjustment from 39 to 51 cm
- Black powder-coated tubular steel base
- Black castors (also available with chrome castors on request)
- Maximum capacity 120 kg
- Design: Marcel Breuer 1928 (Artistic copyright: Mart Stam)